Katrina evacuee LCOs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, Jan 1, 2006.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I just read the thread titled.....They are finally here!!! Well, we have dealt with the immigrant situation for years now and dealt with it.

Since October, I am noticing Louisiana license plates on rigs moving into my area.

The drivers of the rigs....and passengers.....you guessed it, Mexicans....displaced by the hurricane....I talked to a guy who used to live in Slidell that told me he had relatives he could stay with while he is here....

What is your input on this? Is this too much to bear?
    Amigos from South of the border.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I guess I would expect some cutthroat competition, can't really blame them for trying to survive. Focus on what you do best, and I'm sure some of them will move back south in time.
  3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

you cant blame them for wanting to survive but if they are illegals they should be run out of this country. RANT over . You may try and sign them up to work for you and make them sign a non-compete in your area. They may be willing to work cheap and at least you can charge your customer the regular price untill they move on. You will still profit and protect your pricing. Keep your enemies and competition close so you know what they are doing.