Kaufman Trailers opinion

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by AdvLandscapeLLC, Nov 5, 2010.

1. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

How does everyone feel about kaufman equipment trailers? the price seems right, but is it to good to be true? are they junk?

2. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

It is a alright trailer nothing too special about them. The only bad thing is mine has a wickid bend in it. From front to back it is bowed up I would say at least 6", just from loading it over time. That is why I hate them

3. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to get a 18'+2dove equipment trailer from them for $3608 shipped to CT, its a 14000 gvwr i plan on using it for my 9200# bobcat 335 currently i am hauling it with my 14000lb gooseneck dump trailer 16x7. The price is definately right for a new trailer but it seems almost to good to be true and everyone knows how that saying goes.
    http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heav...ment/20-Ft,-14,000-lb.-Wood-Standard-p35.html

4. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Ya I have the same exact one I have. I bought it about 6 or so years ago. I think it was around 3200 to 3500 somwerearound that. Don't get me wrong it an alright trailer but if I did it again I would spend the extra money so it last.

http://www.brooksbrotherstrailers.com/trailers/skid-loader-trailers.php

This a company we have another trailer from. They are a little pricy but, I have friends that have had them well over 20 years and they are still in awsome shape.

5. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I was looking at them. The prices are good. They say its because of the direct thing but the HD package adds a grand and its all stuff that the better trailers have anyway.

I ended up buying a Cam Superline ramp. 8 ton.