Kaufman Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Bill Boroskey, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Bill Boroskey

Bill Boroskey LawnSite Member
    from CT.

Does anyone have any experience with Kaufman Trailers?

Their price is seems really good in comparison to the other trailers I have spec'd out. I am wondering if thats because of quality issues or what. They are factory direct and not around the corner from me so I am ordering something basically sight unseen and $5,000+ is alot for something unseen.

Any info would be great. Especially if you live near me in FFLD county CT. I would love to see one first hand.

Thanks
    Bill

2. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

I am not a big fan of them, we owned a 14,000 gooseneck and it bounced and jerked bad. We sold it because we bought a anderson and saw how a good trailer should pull.

I still own one kaufman, it is a 26 foot 10ton trailer, it is behind a dump truck and we rarely ever loaded it past 14,000 pounds. IMHO you get what you pay for.

3. Bill Boroskey

from CT.

Thank you for your reply, I am looking at the 14,000 deck over with a pintle hitch. I spec'd the torsion bar I wonder if that would help. I just have a hard time spending 1500.00 more for 4,000 lbs less capacity. The other trailer i was looking at is the Cam Superline.

Thanks and keep the comments comming

Bill

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for the Cam. You will love it. They are the best trailers I have used, both equipment hauler and dump!

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have five (5) of them and they are second to none. They also have a very First Class design and build facility.

6. Bill Boroskey

from CT.

Thanks again for the reply. The only thing that I worry about is getting something fixed or finding parts. The other thing I am trying to figure out is registration. In my state (CT) it will cost me 172.00 a year and a yearly inspection at additional cost. But that has nothing with kaufman!

Anyways. Anyone else with one? I would love to see one in person.

Thanks
    Bill

7. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have two of thier trailers. One of them I have had about five years. Never had a single problem. Call and talk to Rob Kaufman, he is the owner.

8. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 16 foot landscape trailer from them - drove there and picked it up at the factory - and it was the best open type trailer I have ever had.