Kaw 15hp with a miss

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Pathfinders Lawncare, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Pathfinders Lawncare

Pathfinders Lawncare LawnSite Member

Need help for my WB power plant. About a month ago my motor developed a miss. I checked and replaced the fuel filter, plugs, air filter, and fresh gas (premium). The miss and some backfire would come and go irregularly. Today it's back without letup. A quick stop at one shop gained a - could be bent push rod. Another shop said no guess. Any help?

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

How about reading the third thread in this forum and post some model and spec. numbers, That would help. How many hours you figure are on this engine ?

3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't think it's a push rod. have you checked for water in the tank and/or carb bowl?

4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like Rob Stated needs some model #'s and hours on engine, What plugs where installed and what is the air gap set to? Also may need valve adjustment since kawi requires one every 300hrs.

5. Jim@MilkyWay

Jim@MilkyWay LawnSite Senior Member

A'squeeeez Me;)
    Is this true for all Kaws? I have two ten-year old fc420V,s (not commercial) which I am embarrassed to say I have never adjusted valves on.

6. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

No not for all Kawi's but he stated he has a 15 hp and that should be a V-twin motor and they require valve adjustments every 300hrs. As for you 10year old FC420V I would do one with your next tune up could'nt hurt the valve spec cold is .006" :)

7. Jim@MilkyWay

Jim@MilkyWay LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks MM77 for both the heads up and the valve spec.:walking:

8. Norm03s

Norm03s LawnSite Member

FC420V valve gap .006, Thanks