kaw.fb460 HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by stcroixjoe, Sep 29, 2007.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe LawnSite Member

i have an older bobcat with a kaw engine on it i few weeks ago it would not start so i read some threads on here and i pulled the bowel off sprayed carb cleaner up in it changed the oil which was full of gas started up ran great went to start it yesterday and its so hard to pull start it moves the whole mower and i cant even pull the rope out 3 inches and gas is blowing out of the exhaust so i pulled the carb off cleaned it real good i pulled the neddle and float out blew it out and all new fuel filter and new fuel shut off still nothing and when i pulled the plug out i could pull the recoil now but it blows out a ton of gas im stumped now what should i replace the neddle and float or .... thanks sorry about the long post

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Needle for sure, Shake the float and if you feel fuel inside replace that as well.

3. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

You may also want to check your oil and make sure that gas did not fill your engine sump and dilute your oil. Pull the dipstick and check for a higher level then normal and also the excess smell of fuel in the crank case. If you do find it filled your engine also then simply drain and repl the filter and add fresh oil per your manufactures specs. Of course this after you fix the first issue :laugh:

4. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe LawnSite Member

it was the neddle oil was good still changed it though it runs better than it ever has now thanks guys