Kaw fc420v no spark

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Wilsonlawn, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Wilsonlawn

Wilsonlawn LawnSite Member

I have kaw fc420v with no spark. I have replaced the coil and
    checked all the kill switches. Still no spark. I have disconected the ignitor wire from the coil and still no spark. Can someone help?

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Did you check the spark plug ??? also has machine been sitting for a long time ??? Did it run before storing it for the winter, ?? Check the flywheel and pick ups may have rust and not making contact, claen off rust and try again for spark ....

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

did you check the trigger modual???

john

4. Wilsonlawn

Yes it was running. I have used 2 different new plugs. I cleaned the flywheel maginet and replaced the coil. What is the trigger modual?

5. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

it is a little box that is put on the side of the engine just follow the wireing harness and you will find it

6. Wilsonlawn

How do you check the trigger modual?

7. Mikes Machines

Mikes Machines LawnSite Member

The only 100% sure way to verify if its good or bad is to replace with a known good unit. I've read a lot of manuals on a lot of engines. When it comes to electronic ignition there is no real good test.

8. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

Kawasaki has a way to check the trigger using an ohms meter,but like the post before this one ,it is easier to try it with a Known good one

9. north in south

north in south LawnSite Member

If you hit something with the mower sometimes the keyway cracks. The flywheel will shift slightly, then no spark

10. Wilsonlawn

It was the trigger. Thanks everyone for your help.