kaw/Junk?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, let's see if anyone can help me, my KAW trimmer KTRA27A is starting to piss me off to on end, its a month old and I keep having issues with the trimmer line not wanting to release, today it got so bad I had to finish the trimming with the Craftsmen, it didn't have the same issue. I know how to rewind it so that's not it, my dealer gave me some different line to try 85, I was using .95///the .85 seemed to help for about 5 minutes... If anyone can help me please do before I cram that thing up my a&%! :realmad:

2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Bring it back and I'll show you how to rewind it. Newbies :rolleyes:
    :p

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Lose the semi auto, and get a kwik loader... :D

4. Toy2

Sorry I missed the Open House, i really wanted some Fajitas.. and free door prizes....I would have been there if my Trimmer would work....just kidding, got tied up trimming trees. Will you be there tomorrow? :blob3:

5. Toy2

Man, i couldn't ask for better service...Thanks! :)

6. Toy2

Do you have the Kwik loader in stock? Cost?

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you're having trouble with your climbing ropes too.....so how did you end up getting down from the tree? :D

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to have the exact trimmer you describe.Click on the Oregon icon here on Lawnsite, and go to the trimmer head section. They make several different heads that fit the Kawi trimmer, just pick the one you want. For the record, in my experience, the so called "quick loader " heads are a waste of money ( and lots of time), unless you are gonna hack burly weeds with 155. line..

I also used my origional ( the small head the trimmer comes with ) head, and had zero problems running .095-.105 ( .105 my absolute favorite ) Oregon Gatorline Magnum ( the aramid reinforced stuff ) .. I liked the O.E. head because even though it doesn't hold as much line as the bigger 6" head the dealer gave me when I bought mine, it is VERY light, and I found the capacity was more than enough to do at least 3 resi lawns before refilling. I hope I helped..

9. Toy2

Thanks Txlawnking, I will look into .105

10. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

If its not a wind issue but a line welding issue you can spray the line once on the head and the feed grommets with silicone and that will help the feed and stop the line welding. But I have to warn you....it is very slick.....LOL