Kaw KAI filter solution

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lwcmattlifter, Jul 20, 2005.

1. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

My new filter kit arrived today. It took about 30-40 min to install, the kit came with jets for the FH541V and FH580V.

air filter 001.jpg

air filter 002.JPE

air filter 003.jpg

2. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

Nice addition to your mower. What made you decide to install it and take off the old one?? Im assuming better air flow, right?
    Is that a 48" TT??

3. lwcmattlifter

from NC

I don't care for the KAI stock air filter system. It sucks up a lot of junk that floats over the deck. I found myself cleaning the prefilter 2x a day in dusty conditions and I have to replace the filter on this engine more often than my other mowers. The mower is a 52" TTHP.

4. bpdmower

bpdmower LawnSite Member

What was the cost of the kit if I can ask?

5. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

Also interested in the details. Price? Where did you get it?

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You Hit the Nail Squarely On the Head....The KAI Series AF's Suck Large...http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=111853&highlight=kai

Thanks for the Conversion Kit Pics...

7. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

please provide the part number. But, I clean my filter every month and there is crap on the pre filter, but the paper is clean. Are you sure what you got is necessary?? It looks pretty damn good, how much did that cost?? Thanks

8. lwcmattlifter

from NC

Ever tapped your air filter on a bench to see how much dirt is really in it? You would be surprised. If I can get 25-40 hrs out of one i'm doing good. With this setup I only have to change the filter once a year. No more prefilter, no cleaning paper elements trying to prolong their life..... For me this was absolutely necessary. I paid $225 for the kit. When I called several local dealers they all told me the parts don't exist. Next, I called Kawasaki and they gave me the part number. I called the dealer, said order xyz and the was it. Anyone that is a Kawasaki power equipment dealer can get the kit for you. I'll get a part number ASAP.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That seems pricey we just bought a 18HP Kohler engine with a filter system that looks just like that, all for $700 .

10. lwcmattlifter

from NC

The part number for the kit is 99999-7040. It's for the FH541 and FH580.