Kaw OEM Filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freedm2, Jul 23, 2008.

1. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Where do you guys buy OEM, Genuine Kaw. oil filters online? Everywhere I look they are aftermarket filters.

I need part # 49065-2078

Thanks!

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I crossed referenced it to a PH4967 Fram..... Like $ 3.50 or so at wally world.... My dealer told me they are just as good...

3. logical

logical LawnSite Member

That Fram has no bypass valve....fine as long as it never clogs. The bypass lets oil get by a really dirty filter.
    The OEM is pricey because it has an actual metal/spring bypass. I get replacements from whatever seller Amazon routes me to.

4. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I figure if I change the oil like I'm supposed to....I should not have a problem...

5. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

Find a Stens dealer in your area. Their replacement filter has the anti-drainback and also the pressure relief valve for $ 3.45 each. Part # 120-634. I wouldn't use Fram filters if they paid me to carry them out of the store.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Puralator or WIX both have the anti-drainback valve and can be crossed from a Kawi filer.

7. logical

logical LawnSite Member

They (the Stens part) are what i use and yes they do have a valve. It is not the same as the OEM in that it is some sort of light blue plastic thingy but at least it has one and is somewhat reasonable in price. Too bad Fram is so cheap inside because I really like the no-slip grip goo they use on the outside.

8. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I just got the Kaw OEM part online for $6 + shipping. Got 2 + $8 shipping. JacksSmallengines.com

9. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

Kawi OEM Oil Filters can be purchased thru www.expressmowerparts.com for $ 6.25 each or 12 or more for $ 5.75 each, with ONLY a $ 5.00 Shipping Fee basically anywhere East of the Mississippi. If you have to have Kawi filters.:usflag:

10. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Ditto on the purolator.