kawa help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by papaalex, Jun 2, 2006.

1. papaalex

papaalex LawnSite Member

what should I check on a water cooled kawasaki 27 hp I can't get fire to the spark plugs?

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Read the second thread in this forum then post back please. Sounds like ignition coils, you cant get fire to either of the plugs or just one? More information please.

3. papaalex

papaalex LawnSite Member

no fire to either side

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You need to POST the model AND spec. numbers off the white bar code lable on the engine so we can see what you have there........

5. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

Check the safty switches...operator presence control, blade switch, and transmission.

6. papaalex

papaalex LawnSite Member

the lawn mower is an ENCORE PROWLER D61FC and the engine is a kawasaki code FD750D-AS00-01 E/No FD750D019214 27HP water cooled only has 153 hours, I can't get power to either one of the spark plugs, while it is possible that the coils may be bad I think that is highly unlikly that both go bad at the same time, how can I test them and if they are ok what would be the next step to check?

7. papaalex

papaalex LawnSite Member

I have bypass the seat safety switch for testing purposes I maded sure the blade switch is not engaged and that the brake lever is applaid, without this precautions I lerned it wouldn't crank, but thank you for pointing this out

8. Encorewon'tstart

Encorewon'tstart LawnSite Member
    from 32071

Do the safety switches like the parking brake on a Encore stop the spark or something else? I know the blade and seat safety switches will not allow any bit of start when they are open, but the parking brake on my Encore allows the motor to turn over but not start.

9. Encorewon'tstart

Encorewon'tstart LawnSite Member
    from 32071

Papaalex: If the parking brake is applied on my Encore, it will NOT start. It will turn over though.

10. papaalex

papaalex LawnSite Member

my encore wont even crank if the brake lever is not on because it presses down on the switch,