1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawa KGT27A or Stihl FS100?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qwaller, Oct 16, 2007.

1. qwaller

qwaller LawnSite Member

Ok guys, narrowed to these two lightweights, What do you guys think?
  2. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

I think at this point it's really up to you as to which one to get i'm sure you wont be dissapointed with either.
  3. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

As the owner of a Stihl FS100 and an FS90, I'd honestly suggest the Kawa.

I honestly don't think Stihl's 4-mix system is worked out yet, I've had some problems and my demo with the Kawa was impressive....it's light, very powerful and from everyone I've talked to it's very reliable. Also, much cheaper.
  4. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

My votes for kaw
  5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 5 Stihl 4 mix handhelds. They have taken lots of abuse and keep coming back for more. I think the earlier models had some problems but all of mine have been aquired in the last 3 months. I go through about 15 gallons of mix per week with these just to give you an idea of how much use they see.
  6. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

7. qwaller

qwaller LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. Was kinda leaning towards the kawa
  8. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i dont know anything about the kawi cuz we dont have any dealers down here that i know of but i owned an FS100 and it lasted a month before crapping out. i dont trust the 4-mix trimmers at the moment. all the other 4mix stuff i have is fantastic but i've seen and experienced many probs with the trimmers. give the kawi a try and let us know what you think.
  9. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

the kgt27a.