Kawasaki 23 hp fh-680 v problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by EARTH5, Jan 20, 2013.

1. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

2. teckjohn

teckjohn LawnSite Senior Member

Mine were in the package and couldnt get a good view. So to make the children happy I opened it. End of story. I was trying to help the poster, not satisfy the Kids.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. D C

D C LawnSite Member

On a related note, does anyone know what the design gap is between the bushing/bearing and the crank? or to put it another why, what are the respective diameters of the crank and bushing ID?

It's not likely that Kaw is going to design a brand new, never before seen, bushing for this application, so it should be a standard part. (Plain PAP bearing 4020 from what I have gathered. 40mm ID, 20mm width, 44mm OD)

Excess crank wear beyond tolerances is the only thing that would make bushing replacement insufficient in a rebuild. A worn crank around the rods should be the only other reason a crank would need replacement. Though, if Kaw sells bearings for an undersized crank, that would solve that issue.

4. teckjohn

5. D C

D C LawnSite Member

Outstanding! Thanks John!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. teckjohn

Atleast someone likes me on here, LOL .. Just trying to help the guys.

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Good work John :waving:

8. teckjohn

I might need to slow down with the help. Dont want to ruffle any feathers

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  9. teckjohn

10. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Just so you know the poster is working on a Vertical shaft engine. The parts may all be the same. I do not know and not going to check as I never see Horizontal shaft Kawasakis. Just wanted to point that out that some parts could be different between an FH680V and FH680D.