Kawasaki 26 hp liquid cooled opinions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Dec 18, 2007.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious how they are holding up? I'm looking at a Wildcat 61 w/ this engine. I'm wondering how they are doing in the field?

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I have yet to see a post reporting problems on these engines... :weightlifter:
    How about you?

3. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I had problems with mine. The head gasket went and coolant kept leaking out. I think it was around 300 hours. It was covered under warrantee but I wasn’t happy about having to give my mower up for 3 days in prime cutting season.

4. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours since the gasket was replaced?
    Any other troubles with your engine?

5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure how many hours since
    It was replaced mid summer.

Actually now my motor is messed up because I didn’t even realized I was running it hot. Now my motor has to be re sleeved or something for $300 witch isn’t a huge deal but not covered under my warrantee. I did put off getting the gasket replaced for a week or two because I couldn’t give up the mower, so I just filled the coolant every few hours.

If all goes well after my motor is re sleeved, I will probably buy a 3rd rider with the liquid cooled kawi.

6. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

Six seasons on mine and not a single problem.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have two. One's on an '05 SuperZ with almost 900 hours. The other's on an '07 SuperZ with just under 200 hours. Aside from fluid and filter changes, there's never been a wrench put on either one.:)

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Overall, it sounds like there doing well !!