Kawasaki 29hp DFI Liquid cooled

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dan K, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Dan K

Dan K LawnSite Member
    from florida

Any one using the New 29hp Kawasaki yet?
    Dealer quoted me $400 more over the 27hp liquid cooled.
    I will be his first Test Mule....:rolleyes:
  2. BladeRunner Rep

BladeRunner Rep Banned

We offer both of these engines. The 29hp engine is very fuel effecient compared to the 27hp. Power is not that noticeable but the economy is! You will make up the diffrence in fuel savings!

3. Dan K

Dan K LawnSite Member
    from florida

Have you guy's sold a lot of the 29's?Are guy's really seeing that much difference w/fuel economy??And last but not Least - Have They Been Reliable???
  4. BladeRunner Rep

BladeRunner Rep Banned

The booking orders are much larger for the new 29hp, and yes so far they have been extremely reliable!

5. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

bladerunner is correct about the fuel economy when comparing the 27 to the 29. the extra power is not noticable, but the fuel economy is great. for ever 1 gallon my 29 burns, the 27 burns 2. its that noticable!

not to mention, its just down right funny to hop on a mower and not see a choke. just fire it up and go, like you do in your vehicles.
  6. Dan K

Dan K LawnSite Member
    from florida

Thanks Guys,
    Lawnsmith what mower is your 29hp on?
  7. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

I tried one out and kind of liked it! It starts really good in cold weather!
  8. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Thats DOUBLE the fuel economy,a DIESEL wont hardly do that.2 more ponies plus HALF the fuel consumption.Is there a downside??Sounds almost to good to be true.:)
  9. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i've never herd of this?
    who offers this?
  10. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

i'm getting sick to my stomach. i almost bought this engine a few months ago but didn't cause of it still being new. i could kick myself.