Kawasaki 6.5 hp SP lawnmower blows white

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by KLLawn, Jul 17, 2005.

1. KLLawn

KLLawn LawnSite Member

It's extremely informative reading all of this info , and I figured maybe someone can direct this novice with some good advice. Not having started this mower in 6 months, I started to cut big grass and it ran good for 10 mins, then a BIG puff of white smoke. It went away and then another. What to do? Is this water in the carb, (IMO)? Thanks for replies everyone.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

White smoke sounds like oil.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If it were water in the carb. it would shut down so I don't believe thats the problem. Its possible from sitting that long that some surface rust formed on the cylinder and the rings are re-seating them selfs. What I would do if you havn't already is change the oil, Install a fresh plug, clean the air filter and raise the deck and make two cuts the first time then drop back to your normal height.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen this smurf question quite a few times now and I just feel the urge to take a stab at it !

How about a Darker Bluish Purple with a Red Tint ? :laugh:

5. KLLawn

KLLawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help, Bob and Restrorob. I shut it off and put it in the shed. I'll go back to Pa.and do the necessary adjusts. and check. Thanks

6. KLLawn

KLLawn LawnSite Member

Restrorob, your analysis was correct. I changed the spark and oil. Let it run, it blew white intermittently and ran well after that. I cut a bunch of grass and no problems with that Kawasaki, Thanks