Kawasaki any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stockie, Jan 18, 2001.

1. stockie

stockie LawnSite Member

hey guys, another one for you to think about. I saw today some Kawasaki string trimmers and back pack blowers. I know they make pretty good engins since they are on just about all the mowers, but how about this other equipment? Is it justacheap line of stuff, or is it good quality? thanks alot

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I have been toying the idea around about trying them out. We have some older robins we need to update and I have heard great things about kapowr.

Still undecided.
    Kris

3. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I've looked at them at our local LESCO here and I thought that they were a little overpriced and underpowered. That's just my 2 cents worth.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

CCLC, Where abouts in Flint are you? Email me!

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have a KBL 26,I bought it this april,its only got about 60 hrs on it,but it hasnt had one thing go wrong with it,tons of power,and light and well balanced.This thing takes 2 or 3 pulls the first time you start it,that day,after that it starts 1st pull every time,it is very quiet to,even when its wound out.I cut down the guard and remounted the cut-off blade.

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I was also wondering about the Kawasaki trimmers, Ive only checked them out online. Ive been useing echo-SRM-2601s for yrs now and haven't had many problems. We don't have a Kaw dealer in town, but just knowing there made by Kaw there prob good units. I do have two Japan engines the Robin and the Suzuki, well really three the briggs vangards are make there to. And they have been good to me. I almost have to handel one before i spent the money just for the feel,I still bet they good trimmers.

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had my Kawasaki 14 hp for 5 years now and not a problem

8. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

For me, its going to be a Shindaiwa T270, I can get one new for about $410, good deal?

9. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

I have 2 Kawasaki KBL23A trimmers.Ihad a clutch problem on
    one but it was covered under warranty. No problems since.
    They have great power for the engine size. Lightweight with a great sense of feeling and balance.Great unit for the price. I agree with what John DiMartino said.
    Many distributors offer a $60 price cut with any trade-in.
    This would bring the price to approx. $225.
    Shinaiwa makes a great comparable trimmer for the same price.