Kawasaki blowers vs Maruyama Blowers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GrassGuerilla, Jun 25, 2013.

1. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had great service from my Kawasaki blowers. Parts availability has sucked for sure. Thankfully they don't need many. Turns out Kawasaki is getting out of the handheld 2-cycle business. So, since Kaw and Maruyama have been in bed for some time. Does this mean that Maruyama will be changing, or dropping their backpacks?

I'm on the fence, buy new Maruyamas and hope parts are there if you need them, or go with something a bit less of a "known quality" like the newish Dolmar 4-cycle blowers (parts network unknown to me).
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to buy one more Kawasaki before they disappear. I'll take my chances with parts availability.

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

You know Keith, they've been so good to me I may just buy a pair while I can. All the typical wear items are pretty generically available (fuel lines, filter and grommet). Other than that, I have never needed much for a Kaw.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know about anything else, but I found the Kawasaki bp blower air filter on Amazon. Do you guys have the bp blower?