Kawasaki commercial equipment?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, May 22, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Any one familar with Kawasaki equipment like, hedge trimmer's, blower's etc.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have an edger I bought last year. IMO, it has more power per cc than other units but at the same time, I've had a couple of minor problems with it that I haven't had with my RedMax or Shindaiwa stuff. To make a long story short, they have their strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else.

Are they worth buying? Sure.:)

3. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Steer clear of Kawasaki trimmers, blowers, etc. There's no need to create any more problems for yourself than you might already have.

You be safe with Stihl, Shindaiwa, RedMax, and/or Echo (Commercial Products). IMO, it seems like Stihl is the most dependable choice, especially when it comes to a commercial trimmer.

As for Kawasaki, until they decide to get serious about manufacturing commercial trimmers and blowers :nono: , they really need to continue maintaining the quality of their commercial mower engines. :weightlifter:

4. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

I completely disagree with TPLawnPro's opinion; I've been using Kawasaki trimmers and edgers for 3 years now with absolutely no problems.

Their power-to-weight ratio is very high and they are VERY dependable.

5. TPLawnPro

6. TPLawnPro

Fantastic! Enjoy Them!

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Guys I dont want to start a pissin' match,lol. I just really never heard of them selling anything but motors. Our local Lesco dealer started selling them this year and they have a articulating hedge trimmer I was interested in. A friend of mine bought 2 string trimmers and so far he said they are doing great, just wanted some more feed back.:waving:

8. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

I've only been using the KGT27A line trimmer for about a month, but so far I am very happy with it.

9. TPLawnPro

No problem. I see that you have 11 years of experience, and you also have some really good commercial equipment. "In my opinion", going with Kawasaki trimmers or blowers would be a backwards move for you.

Do this - go to a local shop that sells RedMax, Stihl or Echo Commercial Equipment. Get your hands a piece of commercial equipment manufactured by any of these brands that I have mentioned. Lastly, compare the quality of commercial construction between any of them to a Kawasaki trimmer, blower or hedge trimmer product. :walking:

10. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, I do own primarily RedMax and Shindaiwa. But of the three edgers I own (two RedMax and one Kawasaki), I still prefer to grab the Kawasaki before the others. One of my RedMax's is only two months old but I still prefer the Kawasaki. My employees prefer the RedMax's.

Moral of the story: Opinions are like tailholes. We all have one and when you look at them up close, they're all different. :laugh: