kawasaki engin problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flam41, May 10, 2004.

1. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I got a gravely wb 1st of last month. had horse power problems. took it to the dealer & he discovered gas in the oil. said prob was float in carb bouncing on trailor. put shut off valve & changed oil. a-ok.
    week later gas in oil again called gravely tech , said needle might be stuck, off to dealer wating on new carb to come in. my concern is there is alot of blowby like either rings or valves are shot.
    could I have a bum engin
    both gravely & my dealer have been wonderful, i just want to check with the board
    thanks

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You should be ok. Is the engine buring oil? If not then don't sweat it.

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

had one of thise last year tell your dealer you want a new engine
    there is no way to tell if it did ant damage to the rod,cam, or any of the journals the one i had threw a rod after 6 hrs.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That is why you should always shut the fuel off when the unit is not in use. Then this is never an issue.

5. H.H.Holmes

H.H.Holmes LawnSite Member

Exactly! One of the best tips I learned here.

6. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Me too! Although I forget to cut it back on, every now and then, when I first start it.

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Please let us know how you make out on the latest repair on the engine. Sorry to hear that you are having problems but that is great Gravely is stepping up to help you out.

Gravely_Man

8. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I have shut the fuel off religiously every time as well as a solid minute at 1/2 speed to cool off b-4 suhtting down. shes running fine & I do have a 2 yr warranty, so I guess it it does blow I'll be ok. I'll check back when the new carb is in.
    again gravely & the dealer has 100% been there for service