Kawasaki engine questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee b, Dec 6, 2002.

1. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 questions - #1 is for anyone who has ran both the 25 kohler and the 25 kawi, how does the kawi compare power wise to the kohler? #2 I have been looking at the kawasaki website comparing the 27 liquid-cooled and the 29 liquid-cooled digital fuel-injected engines {thinking about a new max-frame deere z which offers both}. The 29 has 2 more horsepower, but torque lbs. is almost identical for both engines at 43 ft. lbs., why would anyone want to pay almost $1500.00 more for the 29DFI, when it doesn't offer anymore torque than the 27? I know the DFI would be alittle more fuel effecient, but for no power advantage, $1500.00 will buy alot of gas.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Is this the difference between a 27LC and a 29 LC DFI ? :confused:

Thats a LOT of money!

The torque is the same. I would have thought/hoped it would improve to the 45-46 lb/ft range, but the specs say no.

If you've ever driven a 25hp carbed Kohler and a 26hp EFI Kohler, its like NIGHT and DAY. I would think that the Kawi would be the same. Basically giving it more hp and torque "WHEN YOU NEED IT"!!!

I would personally like to see the govoner on my 27 be tweaked a bit more. I know the engine has more in it, but it seems to bog here and there at the slightest of things, yet when "mondo-mulching" a thick pile of mulched leaves in reverse, it really kicks in and powers up! (two bbl carb coming into play I think)

I feel that ALL our small engines have power there waiting to be tapped. Its just that the engine manufacturers are making their torque peaks too low for our 3600-3800 rpm range.