Kawasaki Engine Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by morgaj1, Apr 17, 2010.

1. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been doing a little research in helping a family member buy a new mower. I am trying to tell the difference between the series of Kawasaki motors. Their website is fairly ambiguous. Here is the best that I have come up with:

FR - Homeowner series
    FH- Standard Commercial Series
    FH-KAI - Same as FH, but with heavier duty air filtration
    FX- Top of the line Commercial Series with heavy duty air filtration and an larger oil cooler.
    FS - ???

Any additional information or corrections would be most helpful.

2. Sfloyd

Sfloyd LawnSite Member

I wish I knew. I have been trying to decipher that same thing and information is sketchy at best.

Steve

3. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

My FH-KAI engines dont have heavy duty air filters??? What about FC, as in FC 420V

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Kasawookis are a good product that yet manages to be overrated and is still overpriced.
    Honda is another that's just ridiculous.

They are good engines, but wth...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  5. MikeKle

Overrated and overpriced, YES, but Im curious if my FH KAI engines shouldve come with the heavy duty air filter, and somewhere along the line, they got fitted with the regular air filters instead?

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried contacting Kawasaki about this?

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

8. MikeKle

Yeah, that is it, Is that considered the heavy duty air filter? I thought that was the standard one?

9. morgaj1

Mike, I don't know if the info that I have is correct. This is my interpretation of the ambiguous info on Kawasaki's site. It does not say "heavy duty" air filtration, it says "redesigned air cleaner and blower housings." Here is a link to Kawasaki's webpage on the FH-KAI engines:

http://www.kawpowr.com/engines/series.aspx?id=6

10. morgaj1

Also, Kawasaki does not refer to their air filtration system as heavy duty. Ie, the FX series info says "dual stage canister air filter", which in my opinion, is heavy duty.