kawasaki engine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Dec 13, 2005.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

What is the most hours anyone has on a kawasaki 27 liquid cooled engine? How good are these engines?

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The engines are as good as the owner wants them to be. Follow the maintenance schedules and the engine will last as long as the economical life of the mower. When the major component repairs begin on the mower the engine should still be performing well.

Just changing the oil and filter isn't enough. The rpm's need to be checked every few months and the overall cleanliness of the engine and especially the cooling system are very important.

Another component of long engine life is proper maintenance and operation of the mower. It ain't a bush hog, it's a lawn mower and the blades should be kept very sharp to decrease the work load on the engine.

Oldtimer

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I, hope they are better then the air-cooled Kawasaki's.The air-cooled Kawasaki's, do make good boat anchors.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've had nothing but good luck with kawi's. 2-2000 models, 1-1997 model, 1-2003 model. All still in front line service.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

65hoss

Just what I meant about maintenance. Your Kawasaki Liquid Cooled will out last the mowers because you are willing to take care of them.

Keep up the good work.

Oldtimer

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually my statements were about Kawis in general. All of mine are aircooled.

As far as maintenance, I change oil and filters on all mowers at 45 hours. Airfilters are cleaned religiously and replaced when needed. Shell Rotella 15w-40 year round and its very clean at 45 hours. My goal is to actually see how many hours I can get on these machines and motors.

7. uspw

uspw LawnSite Member

65Hoss, wish I could afford Rotella LOL

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Let me guess turf tiger.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How much is it? Nevermind...found it online for $2.99 a quart, not including shipping.

10. pgiddy

pgiddy LawnSite Member

I couldn't believe it but I found out that Sam's is selling Rotella 15W-40 for like 24 bucks for a case of 12 quarts.