1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki Engine

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mcmurrytw, Sep 11, 2001.

1. mcmurrytw

mcmurrytw LawnSite Member

Is there a way to convert a Kawasaki FC150V 5 hp 4 cycle engine without an oil filer and full pressure lubriaction to a version that has both? Kawasaki makes 3 versions of the same engine and only 1 of them is full pressure lubricated with an air filter.

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

No, there's no way of doing that to my knowlege. Even if you could you would have more time and money in it then buying an engine with pressure lube. You could buy the pressure Kaw and keep your old engine as a back up.

3. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

I had a 5.5 full presure kawi on a john deere, no oil filter. I paid something like $75 for an oil filter kit, 5 or 6 years ago. You take off a plate on the side of the engine and screw in the filter mount

4. Scott182

Scott182 LawnSite Member

:) What spec engine do you have Example would be (FC150Vas10). If you can't find the spec what type of equipment is this on.

5. mcmurrytw

mcmurrytw LawnSite Member

This Kawasaki engine is on a toro push mower with personal pace.

6. Scott182

Scott182 LawnSite Member

I need to know the spec on the engine, then I can tell you if a oil filter adapter will work,