Kawasaki Engine

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bmarotta, Mar 27, 2008.

1. bmarotta

bmarotta LawnSite Member

Hello. I have a Lesco 54" zero turn that I inherited from a lawn business I bought. It has never run for me, nor have I tried. I am now trying to get the machine up and running. I am being told that the small block on the engine is bad. I am not very mechanical, by the way! However, I am being told different information. If I can get my hands on another engine with a good block, can I replace it with another. I am being told by some that you can, and by others that it won't last but a couple months and to buy a new engine. I believe it is a FH680V. Any suggestions or help? Please!

2. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Give us a little more Info., Will it start? is it leaking oil?

3. bmarotta

bmarotta LawnSite Member

A mechanic was able to get it started rather quickly. It is leaking oil. I believe that is the reason it was sitting from the previous owners. I believe it went down in December. I wish I knew more myself.

4. bmarotta

bmarotta LawnSite Member

Anybody? Help Please. I don't want to have to buy a 1800.00 engine if I don't have to.

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

OK,

First thing to do is clean the engine and post where the oil is leaking from.

Second,

Make sure then post the model and spec numbers, They should be on a white bar code label on the engine block.

6. bmarotta

bmarotta LawnSite Member

I will get that info tomorrow. Thanks. I just didn't know what I needed to give. Thanks.