kawasaki equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by progolferjoe72, Mar 22, 2005.

1. progolferjoe72

progolferjoe72 LawnSite Member

anyone have any reviews kawasaki equip blowers trimmers etc, any info would be nice.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I don't know about their blowers, trimmer, etc., but I do know that lately their engines haven't been doing so hot.

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a blower from them, today it started acting funny, like it was running out of fuel.....losing power, not sure WTF was going on, I will call my dealer tomorrow and have him check it out.....this is the second time it has happened.....it acts like its trying to warm up.....it was 78 plus today, no need to warm up???? :realmad:

4. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I have a Kawi trimmer I think it is the KBL 26A. I like it alot, it is light compared to stilh 4 mix. Power is good for me mind you I don't do brush with it but on lawns plenty of power and not alot of viberation. I know there have been mixed reviews about them if you do a search. I only had mine for two 1/2 seasons two of them being part time.

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year I bought a Kawi trimmer, model ktr27a. It was one of the absolute best trimmers I've ever used.. Very light weight, mucho power ( especially compared to it's peers ) And my personal favorite feature: a push button choke. It works like this; engine cold, push choke, 1-2 pulls, engine starts immediately squeeze trigger, and begin to work machine. engine warm, pull starter maybe 3-4 inches engine running.. Nuff' said.

As for their other equipment, I've used their bigger BP blowers, they start easy, run good and have adequate power. They aren't the MOST POWERFUL blower made, But they get the Job done, and can be bought real cheap..

BTW, their (certain models) blowers are relabeled and sold as Cub commercials, Poulan pro's and Husky too..

6. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

Not a big fan of Kawasaki hand held stuff.

I tried a trimmer from a dealer who was desperate to get rid of one at a low cost and it was average at best.

Tested their blowers at shows and was not impressed there either..

7. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

Kawasaki KTR27A....... Smooth, quiet, powerful .... I like this trimmer! As for longevity? Check back in two years. :cool: