kawasaki equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LushGreenLawn, Aug 9, 2006.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

What does everyone think of Kawasaki equipment, I am debating on buying a trimmer. The dealer really talked them up, but then again, thats the dealer. I am looking at a kawi or a sthil, what do you guys think?
  2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Of those 2 brands I would go with the Kawi....overall better products
  3. nbizati

nbizati LawnSite Member

Kawasaki hedge trimmer got it in March. It starts up the first pull all the time every time. Cuts like butter. A bit heavy after prolonged use but aren't they all. I would def. buy another kawi.
  4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Lesco stores sell kawasaki equipment.
  5. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

kawi offering $20 off coupon at lesco
  6. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I bought a kbl27a earlier this year and it had a problem where it would stall off idle. It would idle fine and trim WOT fine, but if you tried to hold it at low rmp, like around delicate thing like tree trunks, etc., it would stall and shut off. I took it in to be repaired and was told there was nothing wrong with it, and after raising hell I ended up getting a refund because they said it was not fixable, that was just "how it is". Unacceptable performance if you ask me. From what I understand this is a common characteristic of some of the Kawi trimmers. I went with a Stihl KM110 instead and what a difference. I should have bought that to begin with.
  7. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have one, i too have found that it stalls when idleing, i have also found that it is very under powered.
  8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I am on my third Kaw Trimmer, and first edger, and find them to be the most enjoyable stick tools I have owned. I do not know if they will match the Shidaiwa's for longevity, but for weight to power ratio there is no comparison. I have used a variety of Echo trimmers and Stihls as well and the Shindaiwa's, and the Kaw's are much lighter and seem more powerful. I have not had and idle problem with my units. All the Stihl's I have owned have a great deal of vibration compared to the other units, and the Echo's never seem to last. I spoke to the head Detriots maintenance department, and he told me without provocation that if a trimmer comes in with a bad engine he can be sure it is an Echo. Just for information sake.
  9. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the Kel 27a Edger and I like it. Lightweight and starts right up.
  10. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

When did Kawasaki start making trimmers? I've never seen one. ;)