kawasaki fb460v eninge 12.5 hp Help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Natural Impressions, May 2, 2006.

1. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I first want to thank restorerob with helping me with my 36" bobcat mower with this kawasaki engine......Now with me question. My 48" bobcat has the same engine. Every morning when starting it I have the hardest time getting it running. Chokes on and pulling the rope it first doesn't want to start. Then she spudders a little and after about the 7th or 8th pull she starts. I have even had to pull off the air filter and spray and little starter fluid in a few times to get it to start. Once she is warmed up she is good for the entire day.. Why is this happening? I just changed the spark plug, oil, and cleaned carb. What else should I do?
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Check the choke butterfly in the carb. and make sure it is closing fully when you put your control in the choke position, The cable may just need a adjustment.
  3. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

thanks rob I will check that in the morning. Would there be anything else if it isn't tjat? Just curious
  4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, I'd say it's the butterfly not totally closing...they need to be adjusted every now and then.