Kawasaki FC420V Crankcase Gasket

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MN Mower, Oct 14, 2006.

1. MN Mower

MN Mower LawnSite Member

:usflag:

I bought this 48" Lesco used with this motor and do not know of it's history. The mower was very clean. When buying, I noticed a little oil from the seam of the cover and the crankcase right above the oil drain and figured I'd just watch the oil level. I changed the oil and over filled it a little. (wasn't much). Well today, I was lucky enough to catch it blowing out that same spot and was able to kill the engine. I checked the oil and it was just below full so I was happy not to have a complete failure. I have used it since March of this year.

I plan on just replacing the gasket but wanted to know, is there anything else I should do while I have this apart?

Also, does anyone have the torque specs for the bolts? I don't think I will be lucky enough to find a service manual before the repair.

Any other advise?

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I would suggest replacing the crank seal while the sump is off then just follow the procedure below.

Good Luck

FC 420 Oil Pan Torque.jpg

3. MN Mower

MN Mower LawnSite Member

Thank you much.

4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Since you have it open I would change the gov. assembly and the oil pump gear your right there would suck to have to tear it all back down again for a failure of an old part.:)