Kawasaki FC420V Motor Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pfifla1, Oct 25, 2004.

1. pfifla1

pfifla1 LawnSite Member

well my kawi took a crap on me today, 6000 hrs, what a great motor, well..... i need to find a replacement, anyone know of a good place to buy one, and if the vtwin FC450 15hp motor will bolt up like the 420? thanks for any help

2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

check out www.smallenginewarehouse.com and see if they have anything that will work. they have an 800 number that you can call.

good luck

Mike

3. pfifla1

pfifla1 LawnSite Member

i'll check it out thanks!

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Any Kawasaki 12.5 to 17 will work and should only have minor, if any, wiring issues.

5. pfifla1

pfifla1 LawnSite Member

yes this mower doesnt hae e-start,and only had about 4 wires total going to it. thanks for your help i guess i will step up to the 15horse

6. pfifla1

pfifla1 LawnSite Member

would there be i big weight difference from a 14 Single to a 15 v-twin? would it affect anything else? the twin is 100$ cheaper, and who doesnt need more power???

7. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Try tulsaenginewarehouse.com . I just bought a Kohler 20 hp command motor from them. They were the least expensive I could find, and I had the motor in 2 days. The starter was damaged in shipping, and they immediately sent me a replacement....no charge and no hassle. I would highly recommend them on both price and customer service.

8. Longstar

Longstar LawnSite Member

Yes, Tulsa Engine Warehouse is going to be the cheapest you will find and they have excellent service.

9. Jerry Bliler

Jerry Bliler LawnSite Member

Would you care to sell the carb off of the dead motor? Deere is nuts!

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The weight difference is negligible. Do the swap, just do it!