Kawasaki FH721 FH680 23 25 HP Engine How would you remove the bushing in block

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by teckjohn, Mar 2, 2013.

1. teckjohn

teckjohn LawnSite Senior Member

Just was wondering how everyone else does it and what they use? Pics of any tools to remove or install? I do this every week and was just wondering the different ways. You know some say the glass is half full, and some say its half empty. The block has its own bushing that is not removable that is the same id and od with only 1/4 inch space between the two. So you have to knock it out from the inside, but its hard to get to without making your own tool to install and remove. I have made my own tools. Just looking to see others...

[​IMG]

2. teckjohn

My installer tool

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Nice pics. I use a modified cape point chisel. I started using a blind bushing puller, but found the chisel works better for me.

4. teckjohn

But it would get into the block and gouge it. Then you have to grind it out so the new bushing would fit right. Or else the chrank wouldnt go back in the new bushing. I have seen that happen at a few of the dealers.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey John nice pictures. I just have done a few of these and I take them to my local speed shop:waving:

6. teckjohn

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Joe.... You haven't done any if you take them to your "local speed shop"..... :waving:

8. Landrus2

Hey Rob I just don't have 200k of machines laying in my garage for engine building. They also balance crank pistons line bore etc. I get a friend price.
    I just put them together. For our equipment.:waving::waving:

9. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Joe...I'm gonna have to agree with the. Elder Statesman...
    If you paid sumbuddy to do it fer yoo...you didn't do the work..or get learned up on it..
    Just cause I paid sumbuddy to build my house...doesn't make me a contractor...

BTW...it dusnt take 200k to change a bushing...just a bushing driver kit...

10. Landrus2

Hey slapper you just don't change a bushing and don't think there is no wear on other parts so if you have motor apart it would b very wise to do it right.
    :waving::waving: