kawasaki guy's Work, equipment, and stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kawasaki guy, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Woah...is that the going rate there? $25 is the lowest I have and it's tiny and 2 doors down from another account, otherwise it would be more. That's not exactly a poor area you're in...can't you get more?

2. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

That is exactly why I asked, seems very low to me I wont pull up for less and 35 I have gone lower but they were special
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, my minimum is $40 and I make 2 exceptions. The $25 one which is like 1,000 square feet and a $30 one that's really just a grassy parking area for a guest cottage that parks like 8 cars. They get a break because it's small, I do their main house too(they call it the Mother Ship, lol) and I get a lot of other work from them, over $3,000 this year to date.

There's a certain amount of time that goes into maintaining any account...customer contact, billing, collection, record keeping and of course getting there and firing up 3 or 4 pieces of equipment. When I started out 11 years ago I set my minimum at $30 but did offer a 10% senior discount, so I had some at $27. Over the years I bumped it to $35 and then $40. I really don't want any accounts that gross less than $1k/year although I have about 6 bi-weekly accounts that do.

4. Kkane97

Exactly, I am glad to hear my pricing isnt that far off, I have a lot less over head. I try to keep in check with my area as to not bring down the going rate. Seems to ne that $15 in kawi guys area is very low considering he is talking about a vacation home a lot
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

15-25 around here.

The yards are so small, some of the bigger guys cut some lawns with just 21" machines.

6. kawasaki guy

7. Kkane97

Number of accounts?

8. thelawnman

thelawnman LawnSite Senior Member

9. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant tell you anything about the 210 but I personally have a 250. It is a good little saw. not too much but enough to do small jobs here and there that come up.

10. kawasaki guy

we just got a free lawnboy 2 cycle silver series

DSC03058.JPG

DSC03053.JPG

DSC03060.JPG