kawasaki guy's Work, equipment, and stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kawasaki guy, Nov 13, 2012.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

I will attach a shovel to the mower, and push it with that :laugh:

2. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Push at an angle, backdrag, then repush at angle, not that bad...

3. Kkane97

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I was just teasing. I'd be out there using anything I could to make a few bucks if I were you.

I never really invested in the snow removal part of my business until 4 years ago when I bought a new plow for my Silverado. Yeah I had a beat up old plow truck, but it was a rusty old 1985 that was originally intended for yard use, dump runs and plowing my own driveway. I got tired of spending hours before every storm putting bandaids on it and evicting the mice. And laying on a tarp under your truck in your driveway during a blizzard isn't much fun either. Plowed half my route with only rear brakes one time. Another time no wipers. Another time no heat/defrost...put a portable propane heater in it but it kept turning off due to the tip safety. And every time I got out and closed the door I left some of it in my customers driveways. The last time I drove it I took it for a ride on my back acreage. My wife took a walk back there some time later and came back with an armfull of pieces/parts that fell off it.

5. kawasaki guy

I don't have a plow...

I will put a bard on the front of the mower, and push it with that :laugh:

6. Kkane97

A 30 foot driveway is an average sized driveway for snowblowing, you said about hitting the garage, I showed how to plow with out hitting the garage, plow is more efficient

7. kawasaki guy

thanks for the input :cool2:

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have a plow truck and for smaller driveways I'll just snowblow or shovel them instead...did that yesterday in fact. All I would have done with the truck is hardpack it.

9. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Looks good. Love the snapper. Best push mower made. Where about in NJ are you from

10. kawasaki guy

Thanks PineyPower! We are in Ocean City.

We like our snappers so much, we are getting s 2nd one.