Kawasaki Handheld Products?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyzq8, Jan 25, 2006.

1. chevyzq8

chevyzq8 LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying a Kawasaki Trimmer and Blower, but I know nothing about them. Do anybody use them? Are they just as reliable as Echo, Stihl, etc.

The thing that really interest me is that they are quite lite compared to other brands.

The trimmer I am looking at is a KBL23A
    The Blower is a KRB400B

Thanks.

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

They are good stuff, Lesco sells them in my area. Personally I would buy one unless they were on sale for like $150 or something, which will never happen.:)

3. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

hi i did just buy a trimmer off ebay really cheap on there for a kawasaki trimmer new shipped was like 199.00 they are about the same in weight as the echos and stihls. if you want light go with a husquvarna they are light.. but power wise kawasaki's are strong, very strong. my stihls have 1.27hp and the kawasaki i have has 1.6hp go to kawasaki's website and click on the small engine link.
    oh only used it like 5 times but seems built as good as any i used but the power is very good. hope this helps.

4. chevyzq8

chevyzq8 LawnSite Member

All the other postings on this site seem to lead me to believe that the trimmers are great, but their blowers are not the greatest.

5. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a KRB400B and have general been impressed with it. It dosnt have greatest power, but enough to clear all except heavy/wet leaves. It has never given me any promblems. Starts the easiest of any piece of equipment i have

6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using a Kawasaki trimmer for 3 years and like it. Nice power, great balance, but don't care much for the trigger assembly. Not that the trigger assembly is a bad design, but because of it's diameter. Makes my hand cramp up on large jobs. I also don't like the spool setup. Takes a little longer to restring than my Redmax.

As for the KRB400B. It's light and reliable, but that's about all I can say for it. Good on small jobs, really small jobs, and given a choice between that and a Stihl BG85 (hand held blower) I would pick the BG85. I don't like to waiste my time so I use a Redmax EB7000. It's worth the extra money to have a blower that can clean up a job even in wet conditions. In dry conditions I can blow off clippings as fast as I can walk. Real time saver.

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

heck for $199 i can get a brand new redmax

8. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

purchased a kawi hedge trimmer this year and have been really happy with it. Starts great and not to heavy. The same size trimmer in Echo or Redmax would have been 100 more.

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the really light bp blower, just not nearly enough power, it was too tiny. So returned that.

Bought the 23A trimmer, just did not compare to my Tanaka 230, so that was returned as well. Didn't feel as solid as the Tanaka, also the engine covers are so large I was hitting my arm on it all the time.

I still may buy the stick edger they make. BUT, I doubt it.

10. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have one of there weed wips i think i payed 200 for it honestly i think it is very underpowerd and not very well built over all i'm a quite disappointed.
    don't mind the spelling
    alex