kawasaki hedge clippers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by keifer, Nov 17, 2001.

1. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I was at lesco looking at the kawasaki double side hedge clippers and was thinking about getting a pair. Was talking to a friend and he said he had a pair and most of the bolts keep coming out. sould i get these the price is 329.00 seems better price than the other commerical clippers. What do you guys think.

2. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I would say go for it. I have the eb2300 Redmax. I paid around 400 and I think they are overpriced. They may be cheaper now. My buddy has the kawasakis and he loves them. I have never used them, but If i had it to do over again. I would not hesitate in getting any Kawsaki equipment.

3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have also heard good things about the double-sided Kawasaki hedge clipppers. Has anyone used their single-sided version. I think the model number is 750A?

4. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a new hedge shear and thought I would bring this back to the top.

I have narrowed it down to kawasaki and echo. I have not had good luck with stihl and the redmax is really pricey. Also, the blades on the redmax seem to break teeth a little easier than some when the unfortunate accidental chain link encounter occurs.

thanks for the input!

5. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the single sided Lesco shears three years ago. I like them especially well when you are at the end of your reach and barely get the whole shrub, which happens on almost every job. So what I guess what I am saying is that I would buy another single sided pair before trying double sided. PS Don't worry about $25-50, you'll easilly make it back many times over with any kind that you buy.

6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Since were on the subject of hedge trimmers, why is single sided better than double, or is that not true? I always see the single sided a little more expensive than double sided.

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I think its more personal prefrence. I own both and defintly prefer the single sided better for 2 reasons. Not only are the single siders more balance but i feel i get a much more precise/smoother cut going in one direction with the trimmers rather than back and forth in two directions with the double siders.