Kawasaki Hedge Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by parttimer, Jun 22, 2005.

1. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy my first hedge trimmer and my dealer has started carring Kawasaki he says they are doing great. What do you think?I now have Stihl and Echo trimmer but dont use either dealer anymore. :blob3: :angel:
  2. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I have Kawii and they are fine . Echo extention trimmers. Tried robin, astron ,
    I here echo's are light wieght but the tanaka trimmers are light also.
  3. A Simple Cut

A Simple Cut LawnSite Member

I love mine, great machine.
  4. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i have 2 and they are great, you can also swap parts with the gear box and blades with redmax, same parts from the gearbox on. tony
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

But I really liked my Kawi trimmer..I just wish my buddy would sell it back to me :D
  6. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

This response is a little bit off your original question. However, I have a Kawasaki trimmer that, four months into the season, still starts on the first pull. The only maintenance has been to clean the sponge air filter ONE TIME. I would buy another Kawasaki in a New York minute.... or... a Texas second!! :p Good Luck.
  7. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot I went by today and they told me they have one on the way with the rotating handle im waiting to see it before i buy . I did stop by a maruyama dealer today and they had one with 24'' bar it seems to be light and will balanced, dont know much about them. :) :) :alien:
  8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have 2 kawa hedge trimmers. Great machine's - won't trade for anything else. We have a few echo's but I cant wait until they die. I hate them. I have tried the maryuma - nice unit, easy to grasp & I tried the red max. Great machine, but I don't like the handle configurationon that unit. They may have other but dealer only had that unit on hand. My vote - Kawasaki!