1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki Hedge Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by john jones, Jan 20, 2011.

1. john jones

john jones LawnSite Member

Anyone have any comments on the Kawasaki KCS525A pole hedge trimmer? Will it hold up to hedge small limbs, like maybe crepe myrtle??
  2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have the same ones and use the heck out of them and I probably use them on some limbs sizes I should not. The only problem I have had is where the driveshaft goes into the clutch. It stripped out at about a year and 7 months so they fixed it under warrenty. Before these I had the Remax short shaft trimmer and they lasted around 4 or 5 years before the gearbox gave out.

PS I really like how the Kawasaki and Redmax has the small narrow teeth because it makes trimming small leafed and dense shrubs, like dwarf yaupons and boxwoods, a snap. To me they cut these dense shrubs much better than the large toothed ones like Echo and Stihl.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the KCL525A and love them.The openings are big enough to cut small limbs.