1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki k27gt trimmer won't start when it's hot.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 2k1yzfr1, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

What would cause a kawasaki trimmer with not a whole lot of hours to start on the first pull when it cold and run perfectly......I put it in the trailer go to the next yard and it won't start......3-4 yards down the road it starts on the first pull and runs perfect. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem?
  2. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Sounds like a coil problem. It's common for their bigger units so could be the case. Check for spark when the engine is hot.
  3. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any other suggestions? I pulled the spark plug on it when it was acting up and it was still sparking, so I don't think it's spark. Is there anything fuel related that would cause the trimmer to not restart when it's sat for 3-4 minutes after being ran.......and will start back on the first pull after it has sat for 25-30 minutes?
  4. echoman8

echoman8 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, There are a couple of threads on VAPOR LOCK that have some good suggestions. I use "vapor lock" for lack of a better description. The true problem is probably the poor fuels available today.

Good luck
  5. madmower

madmower LawnSite Member

Losen Fuel Cap When You Load On Truck Just A Little To Let It Breath If This Is The Problem Your Fuel Tank Is Not Venting Replace The Fuel Cap If This Is Where The Vent Is

Hope This Will Help