Kawasaki KBL 23A trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coolgreen, Mar 25, 2008.

1. coolgreen

coolgreen LawnSite Member

Anyone still running one of these trimmers? I have one that I keep putting back together because my crew and I love the thing so much. It's the lightest trimmer I've ever picked up.

But in their wisdom Kawasaki stopped making it. What a shame.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I have dont know if there the same model, there single edge blade, I bought them 1 year ago and I pretty sur you can still buy them. Yes their the best on the market.

3. coolgreen

coolgreen LawnSite Member

Sorry, I should have mentioned "line trimmer" in the question. I am, however, also interested in Kawasaki hedge trimmers, as my Stihl is a piece of garbage. That thing has never run properly since Day 1 despite carb rebuilds and just about everything else that can be done to a machine.

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Stay away from the "KBL" models. Get you a KGT27A - the best power-to-weight ratio out there. I love mine. :usflag:

5. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

Im running Kaw Trimmer Edger and hedger greta power ratio!!!
    kaw came out with a amazing stick HEDGER this year its such a time saver!!! adjustable angel on the blade!

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

its all i run but we got the 26s lesco had 4 left last year i got them they were loners so in good shape. You can get them on ebay for 150 all day . I like the big handles

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I know KGT27 is the commercial, what is the different between KBL and KGT? The engine is the same, what make the difference then?

Anyone have experience on the 525 short reach hedge clipper?

8. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

The KBL series is the predecessor to the current trimmers.....I've owned both the KBL23A and the KBL26A; they're fantastic machines and I wish they were still available.

I currently use KGT27A trimmers and am well satisfied with them, Kawasaki is the only thing I look at when it comes time to buy trimmers.

9. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, here it is 2012 and I still run two of the KBL 23 A trimmers. Ran one over with the trailer yesterday. Down tube, drive shaft, control handles, all smashed. I know I should not fix it and move on. But I will miss that trimmer if I need to replace it.

10. mason dude

mason dude LawnSite Member

I loved those models frow kaw as well, I have found the redmax 2300s to be very comparable in the 8 to 9 lb range and for around 200 bucks they last a couple of commercial seasons, about like the kaws did, satisfactory power for "maintenance" not field cutting but I love the lightweight in the heat , ,, my 2 cents
    also , keep your loop handle off your kawasaki kbl and put it on future trimmers, works great, less torso twisting