Kawasaki KBL26A

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Nov 10, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a Kawasaki KBL26A trimmer today because the carb on my ryobi was flooding and a new one had to ordered . so anyway my local small engine shop had one that a customer brought in to have a new pull rope put on and a new plug but never picked it back up . they wanted parts and labor for it so i got it for $85.00 . it is a sweet little machine only about half throttle will do anything you want . so was that a good deal ?

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Great deal.. Those are the most comfortable trimmers I have ever used.

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wanna sell it?

4. befnme

no thanks i kinda like it already . lol

5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

While the Kawasaki trimmer is a good runner, the longer you own it, the harder it will become to start and run cold. I have three and they are just over a year old. I have taken the carbs off and cleaned them two times since new and I have cleaned out the exhaust ports (no spark arrester either) once.

I also have two larger Tanaka line trimmers, and they start and run cold flawlessly. When they are started, they act like they were hot from the start. Tanaka uses a different method for meeting emissions than Kawasaki and therefore has better running equipment. I will no longer buy any more Kawasaki products. Good luck with yours.

6. Grassman6

Grassman6 LawnSite Member

Hey befnme, I cruised through NC last week and sure wish I could have found that 26A before you did. I use two of them for three years with JD XT120 heads on them and they are great units. Periodically remove the muffler and use a dental pick to clean out the exhaust port without damaging the piston, then maybe some Sea Foam once in a while and they will run for many years. Replace one pull cord each season and I cut 15 yards a day for six months times three years before starting to put octane booster in the fuel. Plan to get another two years before I upgrade to the GTX27A.

7. befnme

thanks for the advise grassman i hope it runs great for a long while . it was a steal i guess , i am glad i got it .

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

ijust picked up one of these at the local flea market for 60$. this is my first kawi handheld and i am extremly impressed so far. light-well balanced and extremly powerfull. engine starts easy . only complaint is its too short for me-but so is almost every other trimmer. this one is well used but shows no sighn of wearing out.

9. GlynnC

GlynnC LawnSite Senior Member

Don/t know about the KBL26A, but do a search on the KGT27A, you'll find my experience with Kaw trimmers----great! None of the carb problems mentioned above--none. The guy I've previously mentioned that has 10 in his fleet has bought 3 more this year before they go out of production--plans on buying 3 or so more before end of year.