Kawasaki KRB750 bp blower intro and review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsaspire, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I do believe the two straps are one piece. They mount as one piece at the top. Take a look at the diagram in the norfolk power link.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well, if that's the case, then the parts are a lot cheaper than he was told. That also makes me want one more now than I already did. I really have to get a grip on this BP fascination I have. LOL

3. Keith

I've had two of them in the past 4 years. One with the hip throttle, one with the tube throttle. While they are not quite as powerful as the Redmax EBZ7001 that I had or the old relic Shindaiwa EB630, it's not a huge difference. It uses more fuel than the Redmax did, but is lighter.

First one got stolen when it was just over a year old, and the current one I have had for 2 years and 3 months. It will need the strap replaced pretty soon, and the back pad needs to be replaced. Other than that, it's been pretty much trouble free.

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I'm kinda surprised to hear that just going by the specs listed for the 7001 vs the 750. I know they don't always paint an accurate picture, but the specs say the 750 should be noticeably stronger than the 7001, and I'm talking about the specs at the tube end, not the housing.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you're gonna have to buy one and find out for yourself. :laugh:

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

I dont recall ever reading the specs on either but IMO it seems that the kawi 750 I have can push leaves a little harder (maybe has a little more air speed at the noz) seems to do a little (not much but slightly noticable) better job at punching out wet leaves that are wedged up in between shrubs etc. But it also seems to me that the 7001 RM I have can move more leaves/debris at a given time than the kawi (maybe more cfm at the noz but not as much speed as the kawi?). Just my opinion from using both for quite a few years.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  7. Keith

Pretty much what my experience was. Most of the time I would grab the Kawi. On larger parking lots where I needed to move quicker,and possibly fight the wind, I'd take the Redmax. My problem with the Redmax was constently getting shocked when using it on dry, dusty days.

On a side note, I'd take a brand new Shindaiwa EB630 if I could find one new in the box versus anything on the market today.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's just what I told the wife- "Honey, I just have to know for sure, and the only way to find out is to buy one". I think she bought it too.:laugh:

Either way, my 570 will stomp them both.;)

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Great info. Thanks. In return here are the specs for the Kawi 750.
    http://kawpower.com/handheld/blowers/krb750b

this site shows the CFM both with the tube, and without for the 7001. The Kawi is definitely stronger where CFM is concerned at the tube end-

http://imotorsports.net/p50/RedMax-EBZ7001-BackPack-Blower.htm

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I still have 2 EB630s. They're pretty much indestructible. The newer one has a fuel line leak at the moment and the old one (2002) is a little tired but if you saw it you'd be surprised that it ran at all. Yet it still starts and runs fine, even though I ran it for who knows how long without an air filter. That one didn't have a screw to keep the cover on at all and at some point it must have fallen out without me knowing it. I keep it duct taped on now. My only problem with the EB630s is that the air filters are pricey, although the foam prefilter helps increase their lifespan.

Dont' go bringing up Husky blowers now 'Ridin...notice I haven't even mentioned my 580 which will stomp your little 570?