kawasaki ktr27a string trimmer question / compair help ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Nov 28, 2005.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

hi was looking on ebay today and see these trimmers on there for $189.00 great price. but how are they?? are these commercial trimmers??? i run stihl fs80r's now and mostly cause they are light and have good power. how do they compair in power to the stihl fs80r? and echo 260s? i know the stihl has 1.27hp and the echo 1.20hp but the kawasaki says 1.6hp thats alot more at the same weight as stihls and echos. any info great i might order one soon so please let me know thank you

link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7728037631&fromMakeTrack=true

2. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

Push button choke, strong power, and great value. Don't think they are blade capable. I currently own many brands of trimmers and Kawi's are proving to be one of my best buys. Not sure I have read any negative on these trimmers here.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

these are the same as sold at lesco. should be a good machine.kawi=good stuff

4. milo

does anyone know if that one is considered a commercial trimmer?

5. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

7728889506, check this item on ebay. Same size engine as ktr, solid shaft extra, with a blade and only 10 bucks more.;) And this one is commercial

6. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

The KTR27A is my main trimmer. I bought it on eBay for about the same price. Love it! All the power you'll ever need. Plus, through the first 6 months of use, it started on the first pull every time. Now it takes two pulls. :cool: I'll clean the carb sometime this winter.

7. milo

ok i thinkk i am gonna buy one. i called a few dealers close to me and they said they are good, just that kawasaki dont advertise them at all so that is why they are not popular

8. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

I don't have any experience with the KTR27A trimmer, but I do have a KBL23A and KBL26A, and they're hands-down the best trimmers I've ever owned. I've used Stihl, RedMax, and Echo, and the Kawasakis are the lightest, best running, and easiest starting trimmers I've ever had. When it comes time to replace one of them, I'll sure be going back for another one!

9. milo

i have ordered a kawasaki ktr27a trimmer today on ebay. i will not run it till next season to see if they are that good or not. i like trying new items, it keeps my job fun.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have had great service from kawi engines. i bought 3 hedge trimmers with kawi engines 15 yrs ago when i first started and all 3 still run. windmill by vandermillion- bet no ones ever heard of them