1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

kawasaki or kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Benchmark, Feb 20, 2003.

Which engine do you guys prefer kawasaki or kohler?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2003.
  1. kawasaki

27 vote(s)
  2. kohler

11 vote(s)
  1. Benchmark

Benchmark LawnSite Member

which do you guys prefer?

Thank you!
  2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I will never buy a Kohler again. I had to many problems with the 14 comands.
  3. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

Kawasaki, I've had some problems with the carbs on kohler
  4. G. Moose

G. Moose LawnSite Member

Never had any experience with Kohler, but have had several Kawis and I must say they are sweet. They have so much power.:D
  5. Kohler never had a problem with them.Kawasaki I have heared great things about them.But until a kohler fails me I will stick with them
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have 3 Kawasakis at this time. One of them leaks oil like a sieve. I am replacing the crankcase cover gasket and governor seal on the second one right now because it was leaking oil like a sieve. Also the second one had the seals and gaskets replaced 2 years ago when it was rebuilt. The third one is sitting on the floor in the shed. It had a severe leak when it was brand new so the dealer put gobs of gasket sealer on it.

The two Kohlers I have had, a 12.5 and my present 25 haven't leaked a drop of oil and neither required rebuilding.