Kawasaki/R.P.M's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Imow4u2, May 15, 2003.

1. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I need more tach out of my A/C 25 it' running at 3780 right now and with doubles it cuts back to 3600. I can move the Governor linkage by hand when it's wide open and it will go to 4200+ I'd like to have my tach running in the 3750 range with the doubles turning. I'm not real worried about waranty, I'm tired of going slow.

2. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

how did you find a chopper w/ a kawi on it? i didnt think choppers were available w/ a kawi?

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what mine runs at 3750 single blades.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

what is redline for their engines, i've got em too. wonder about turning up hmy 23hp. how do you tach em to find out shaft speed? with a hand held electrical type? where can you get one?

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a tach/hour meter on my machine.

6. Bend the gov linkage.....only need a hair..

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want more blade tip speed you should change your pully that drives the spindles. We changed one on our Z-Master and got alot higher blade tip speed! By doing this you would elimenate engine damage do to higher rpm's if you messed with the governer!!!!

8. I think in 2001 that started offering them on the entry level machines..

No coolers, no donaldson/nelson, no amsoil.

9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

is anyone using a hand held tach? clip one wire to a spark plug lead and the other to ground? is it different from a single to a twin? my hustler z seems powerful plenty, but there are times when grass slows me down.
    would changing to a smaller diameter pulley rob power when cutting in the thick stuff, would't that slow you down further by making the engine lug down trying to spin those small pulleys?