1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki & Redmax Purchasing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by i_plant_art, Jun 2, 2006.

1. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone kow of a place online that i can go to to purchase either kawasaki or redmax equipment from?

Those who use kawasaki trimmers/edgers how do you like them?
  2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki trimmers are HARD to start --- try out a Tanaka. Pull a Tanaka once on choke, then the second pull will start it. Now from idle, rev it up and it will run like it's been going all day. In the long run, you will be much more happy with Tanaka.
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Once again - OPINIONS !!!!!!!

Some - not all - may be hard to start. My KGT27A has ALWAYS started on 1st. or 2nd. pull - and it screams......:usflag:
  4. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

Gotta disagree with Kawasaki trimmers being hard to start......I have 2 string trimmers, a stick edger, and a hedge trimmer and they all start 1st or 2nd pull, always.
  5. VolRog

VolRog LawnSite Member

6. i_plant_art

thanks for the link they have good pricing but not very many options nor do they have any stick edgers.... thanks though off to search some more.
  7. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I just paid $299 for a trimmer from a Red Max dealer. They want $319 for the same trimmer and I didn't even check to see about shipping.
  8. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Redmax trimmers are the way to go. I have an older 2600 and it is best.
  9. i_plant_art

just wanted to update everyone on the search i found a great site with killer prices..... www.speedwaysales.com i upgraded to a bigger trimmer and am still about $55 cheaper than the lwest priced dealer i have priced in town. 2500s stick edger and 2600s trimmer for $629. and free shipping Thats not bad at all ... thanks for all the imput guys.