kawasaki string trimmers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FIREMAN, Mar 11, 2001.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

Anyone use these, Lesco is running a deal where they give you like 70.00 trade in value , if you bring in any trimmer runnung or not. I think a 26cc model is like 259.00 after the trade in.....are they any good???

2. Majestic

Majestic LawnSite Member

Just looked at them last week.Ill bet they are good since they bear the Kawasaki name.The 60.00 trade up is good too.Presently used Echo trimmers and it would take alot to make us switch,however my dealer said he has a demo we can take out once the grass starts growing to try.I guess theres different shields too you can get.Well see.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have the exact same trimmer,KBL 26-I love it,stafts easy,smooth light,well balanced ,and no vibration.Its only got 40 or so hrs on it,but I love it so far-Your getting ab etter deal than i got.

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Fireman,

I would think with a Kawasaki motor it should be dependable. They have been making motors forever. Of course, that is just a guess.

Question:
    Is that trade in just on line trimmers, or does it include edgers and the like also?

Thanks,
    Mark <-- Fireman also, Montgomery County, Maryland

5. 1st impressions

1st impressions LawnSite Member

Chopper Lover

The Lesco $60 trade-in deal is good on all Kawasaki
    2-cycle equipment.

6. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

They offer a trade in program for the trimmers, and a 50 dollar cash back on the edgers. Anyone used the edger? I have a shindaiwa but it has seen better days. Need a new one. Like the Kawi or Stihl so far.

7. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

We have a 26 cc, we used it all last season. My employee loves it, starts easy is very quiet. Only problem we've had is carbon on the exhaust cover, takes about two min to fix though. Lesco said my oil mix is to rich, I told them I would rather clean the cover, that replace engines. We have various brands, like this the best, will be buying more this season. I just bought another Viper-pending contract signing, the machine is mine if I want it, I'm the one waiting-all approved though.

8. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

We are going to buy a couple of the 26cc this week. It is a good deal I think. We are also going to buy a couple more Lesco stick edgers (not kawasaki). They are selling them for $185. They want to get rid of them.

9. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've just picked them up never ran one. But it seems to be really well balanced. I run an Echo 2601 and a couple Echo 2100's but I will look at the Kawi when my 2601 dies- that is if it ever dies.

10. equipguy

equipguy Guest

You are really going to like those Kaw trimmers, they have really taken their hold in are market place. They have worked very well, no breakdowns to speak of. They are well balanced and little vibration. The price with the trade in is great for this type unit. Our guys like them alot. The units that we use are the 25.6 cc and they have more then enough power.