Kawasaki torque specs

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Merlin300, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Anyone have or know the torque specs on a 17 hp Kawasaki? I need to put a gasket kit on mine due to a oil leak. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

please post the model# and spec# since Kawi has a single cylinder 17hp and a twin 17 hp it will help narrow it down:) also which gaskets are you replacing just the lower sump or are you removing more stuff. You will need the torque spec and sequence.

3. Merlin300

from Zone 5

It is a twin 17 hp, model# FH500V. I'm unsure where the spec# is posted on the engine. The only other number on it is a E/NO FH500VB14696. The lower sump or oil pan as I call it, is what is leaking.

I ASSume I need that gasket and also the seal that goes around the crank at the bottom of the engine? Any info would be great. Thanks

4. MowerMedic77

right on the same sticker you found the engine number the top line will say FH500V-_S01 through _S43 and yes this will be the lower sump and lower crank seal.

5. Merlin300

from Zone 5

O.K. I will try this again.....FH500V-AS06 is what is on the sticker.

6. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

The book calls for 19 ft-lb for the crankcase cover bolts. I always use a copper spray gasket sealer on any crancase/ thin gasket, just let the sealer set up 'till almost dry. I like to use a red hi-temp silicone on the outside of seals, and remember to grease the seal/shaft before ya install it.

7. MowerMedic77

11060-7008 sump gasket #
    92049-7011 lower seal #

Tried to load the pic for the torque sequence but cant :confused:just remember to use a criss cross pattern and yes it is 19ft lbs.

8. Merlin300

from Zone 5

Thank you sir...I just left the dealer and the gasket and seal are ordered. I appreciate all the help you have given me. This will be my Saturday project.