Kawasaki Trimmer starting proceedure?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I just picked up a new 27cc Trimmer by Kawasaki. I am very pleased with it's performance and have no doubt it will be the trimmer I buy in the future as well. I am having trouble starting the beast though. I am locking the trigger mechanism and leaving the throttle off. I give the bulb several squeezes, and I push in the red button back by the carb, and then I try to start. I have not been very successful with this, and have tried several other starting proceedures without success. It seems that it does not want to start and when I fiddle with it, it wants to flood out. This is a brand new unit, any suggestions for me?

Thanks

2. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

i bought one too, they are weird starting machines, i push the red button everytime i start it no primer, seems to work good. the red button locks the throttle also so dont give it any gas when starting red button and one pull.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Hey NCSERVICE, where did you get your Kawasaki trimmer? I want to check them out since I'm hearing so many good things lately.:)

4. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 34 and it is great. Always first pull.
    2 primer pumps, pull string, go trim.

5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnspecialties,
    Ebay is the answer. Last week, I bought a KGT27A from D & D Machines for $215.00 ( + $15 shipping, no tax). The best price here locally was $275.00 + tax. It is 10.2 lbs., 1.6 h.p., & 26 cc. Hard to beat the power-to-weight ratio.:usflag:

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You know.. everybody says how they are paying no tax on things. What's going to happen to you guys when you get audited and they find all these purchases that you didn't pay "use" tax on? Of course, they probably only audit real businesses.

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a kbl27a and i use full choke first thing in the morning with no primer bulb action and it starts on about the 3rd pull . i tried to run 93 octane in it last week and man it was murder tryin to get that thing to start . stick with 89 in the kawi .

8. lawnspecialties

I never thought of that. The Kawasaki web site says my closest dealer is one I can't stand. I'd drive way out of my way to purchase somewhere else and most of the LCO's I've talked with in the Raleigh area feel the same way.:nono:

9. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

their awesome trimmers, i have or have had redmax, stihl, echo, husquvarna, and kawasaki and kawis are the cheapest most reliable trimmers i use, it has the grandma starter standard, i slid the guard up for extra string .105 and it does great. lesco sells them, smaller dealers like bluestar in apex, hbar in Raleigh, i think clays power can get them too!

10. lawnspecialties

Thanks man. I'll be shopping this week!:)