Kawasaki Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I do not want to start a one trimmer is better than another thread. Like I always say go for dealer instead of brand, because all commercial trimmers can make some money. Anyway I bought a kaw trimmer back in Dec just to try out. I have been busy as a one leg man in a but kicking contest the last couple of weeks and have been using the Kaw to break it in. Yesterday I ran a couple of tanks of gas on one job I was at, when I ran out of line I was almost through so I just grabbed one of the Stihl 90's out of the trailer. Holy crap-a-moly what a differance two pounds can make on a trimmer. I wish I had tried the Kaw sooner. My dealer kept telling me he has had great feedback from everyone trying these. By the way my dealer carries Echo, Stihl, Redmax, Husqvarna, Honda and Kawasaki trimmers. I have tried all of these but the Honda, and can say I like the Kaw the best. Now if I can start getting speed-feed heads for these I will be one happy man.

2. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I was a big fan of the Kawasaki string trimmers for their durability, power and light weight. But I'm not as satisfied with a new one I bought last year. It's a little bit different from the older models. I've broken the pullcord twice on it so far.

3. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Turf Dawg--

What model do you have??? Iwam changing from stihl to a kiwi model KBL27B. The kawi will have a few cc less than the FS100FX. Course the stihl never did
    run right so maybe I won't notice the difference.

Mo

4. Turf Dawg

Sorry Lawnbutch just got back home. I have the KGT27A. I always like to buy soild shaft units.

5. PTW

PTW LawnSite Member

I also use Kawasaki trimmers and have not had one thing to complain about yet. Good buy IMO.

Oh by the way, Hello everyone.

6. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

We use Kawasaki KBL series trimmers and use Redmax as backups. Tha KAWI trimmers never quit and are super light and balanced.. the guys love them.

7. Turf Dawg

Welcome, glad to have a new member.

8. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Looking at the specs. there is 3 differances between the two: yours is .6 lbs. lighter, yours is not blade capable and the KBL27B has a safety bar,same engine and shaft.

9. Turf Dawg

Sorry, I was thinking of the KTR. And by the way they may not recommend a blade on the KGT [I think these have a hollow shaft] but a blade works fine. Already cleaned out a fence row with it. And yes I do not anyone but me run trimmers with a blade.

10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't see them in my area{kaw}