kawasaki trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Apr 3, 2008.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a kbl23A many years ago for the low weight when my back was bad . I had some issues with the breather system on it but was a powerful trimmer and easy on my back. I saw a new model in j-thomas and found a online price below $200 http://tewarehouse.com/KTF27A?sc=2&category=599306
    anyone have experience with this trimmer. I must say up front I'm more concerned about low weight than one that will last forever. I have shindiawa T231s right now but this caught my eye in the catalogue
  2. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

I bought that trimmer earlier this year and its been great for me. It is the lightest weight and balanced trimmer I have used.
  3. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the 26A's (discontuied) trimmers, & 400 backpack blowers for years the have held up much better than the Echo stuff I used to run. Take the screens out of the mufflers though, that was the only problem we had with them, is the screens would gum up. I do still run the ech shears as I liked them better than the Kawaski we bought. I'm looking at the 27's now to update some of my 26's.
  4. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

our co. just went threw a make over in the 2 cycle dept. We had every trimmer and blower brand being used by our crews and we took a vote and kawi won. It was weight, trimmer head ease of use etc.... and it recieved 80-90% of the votes. I mean all brands. Also check the j-thomas model trimmer for 200 is not a solid drive shaft. I think the krt26 is the one with the solid. We ordered 8 of those and 6 kawi 750 blowers. Also they run way quieter than alot of the other brands.
  5. grouselab

grouselab LawnSite Member

Are they Commericial model? you better find out..
  6. jeffex

thanks for the replys . I liked my old kaw. trimmer for the light weight . At that price I may try it again.
  7. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

yea i would try it again but check to make sure the model spend the extra $40 to get the heavy duty ones. Up until i bought new trimmers a cpl days ago we had been using our original stihl trimmers everyday with no issues. But cheap model will fall by the wayside
  8. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I have 5 of those Ktr27A's and love them. My guys say the same thing that it is the best trimmer they have used. I realize that they don't have the solid shaft but I haven't had one problem with them. If your just using them for weekly mowings and not for wacking down 2 foot tall grass you can't beat them. I like how their triggers are fatter and protected. My echo's would eventually get broke. I do have a couple of heavier hp trimmers that I use on the nasty tall stuff.
  9. jeffex

thats exactly what happened to my KBL23A model it bogged down. I tried a few things myself and finally had to take it to the dealer . it was 2 yrs old so out of warranty. the bill said new gas cap and breather. I took the exhaust screen off myself the next time it bogged down and that solved the problem. the ones for $189 have a lifetime warranty on ignition and drive shaft so what the hell.
  10. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We have used Stihl's for years, this spring we picked up a couple of Kawasaki KGT27A's. They are light weight's and we'll find out how they hold up by the end of season.