Kawasaki trimmers and such.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The mayor, Feb 1, 2007.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I see lesco is running a sale on kawasaki trimmers, edgers, and hedge trimmers. I never hear about them on here. Anybody use them and how do you like the equipment.
  2. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

All I use is Kawasaki trimmers. I recommend them but you have to get the big loop handle.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my first Kawasaki (edger) this past year and have been well pleased. The power is very "torquey". Later this month, I plan to get another trimmer and will definitely give the Kawasaki's a testing.:)
  4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I LOVE mine. Very strong and lightweight. :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:
  5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Yep, light and strong. A pleasure to run. I much prefer them to Echo, Stihl, and even Shindaiwa. I would get the solid shaft unit as they have some issues with the flex shafts.
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I used one way back when only cuz nobody else wanted to use it. I ended up liking it. Of the two other people I know that own one. One loves it and one hates it. If you look back I think the consensus will be they are a decent machine
  7. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

I run 2 straight shaft string trimmers and have had good luck with them so far they have been in service about 1 season, and also run 2 double edge hedgers and like them as well...

have know complaints...
  8. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I broke my shaft (The weedwacker one) In less than one season. If in understand it correctly the one I have is kind of a lower end model with the flexable shaft. I have a trimmer and a blower and I like them both, they are light and powerful.
  9. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the replys. I think I will give kawasaki a try. I do have good luck with echo products but have no dealer support. The reason I wanted to try a kawasaki is I have a great lesco dealer by me that stands behind their product. I am looking for a stick edger.
  10. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

i am very happy with my trimmer and hedge clippers - next purchase will be the stick edger - all from Lesco